The Clinical Nephrology Update, now entering its 7th year, is a program designed to support primary care practitioners and allied healthcare professionals in improving the management and outcomes of patients with renal conditions. This event is designed to be both highly practical, engaging and needs-driven.
Learning objectives for the 2019 program are:
- Recognize the impact of aging on Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) outcomes and the role of the Kidney Function Risk Equation (KFRE).
- Describe the benefits of appropriately treating hypertension for stroke prevention and optimal antihypertensive medications to assist in achieving target blood pressure.
- Identify appropriate dosing, adverse effects and safe prescribing practices for drugs used in Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Optimize the management of patients presenting with hematuria/proteinuria through more effective diagnosis, referrals and initiation of appropriate therapies.
- Illustrate appropriate metabolic work up routines, prevention approaches and referral strategies for patients presenting with renal stones.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 4.00 Mainpro+ credits.