The Clinical Nephrology Update, now entering its 8th year, is a program designed to support primary care practitioners and allied healthcare professionals in improving the management and outcomes of patients with renal conditions. This event is designed to be both highly practical, engaging and needs-driven.
Learning objectives for the 2020 program are:
- Recognize the complications of Polycystic Kidney Disease and the impact of new treatment modalities in patient management.
- Describe the clinical impact of diabetes on renal outcomes and outline therapeutic choices that best preserve and protect renal integrity
- Describe the potential benefits and limitations of specialized diets in the management of CKD, including identification of key nutrients and how to manage malnutrition
- Optimize the co-management of dialysis patients through more effective diagnosis, referrals, and initiation of appropriate therapies.
- Illustrate appropriate metabolic work up routines, prevention approaches and referral strategies for patients presenting with anemia in CKD.